Monday, October 17, 2005

When brilliant things are bad

A friend I haven’t heard from in ages sent me an email yesterday. I’ve got the opportunity to come up with a short comic story for (a very little) bit of cash, yay! I’ve got to come up with a comi, shiiit! The only brief is that it needs to be manga-ish, but it’s meant in the broadest sense (ie not just girls in gym-slips, demons, robots, space ships, but absolutely anything!) It’s been a while since I attempted anything like this but it’s come at a good time as I’ve all finished with Simian for now and I’m only tinkering away on some pin-ups and a new story.

4 comments:

paulhd said...

Art and story. I've got to send some recent work first though, which is a problem as I haven't really been doing much lately apart from Simian (you ready to read that yet BTW)
Been thinking up some possible ideas and I reckon I need to go out and get a coffee, I do my best thinking when I'm skiving, so far all I've got is a list that includes - Girl/Dog/Talking Animals/Job/Mortal Enemy/Parappa the Rappa/Tori Miki and a scribble of The Mekon.

Gopher said...

She's ready to read it, but the copy you sent didn't run - trust me, I ran it through several systems using analytical software. I think the footprint got screwed somewhere.

Send it again, she has wanted to read it for some time. Personally I don't - I don't want to find out it's really good and feel bad about my recent efforts!

paulhd said...

Don't worry it's probably miles different to what you do. I'll send it one again.

Gopher said...

It is miles different. I'd never write a kids book... my mind simply won't go there for some reason.