Saturday, October 22, 2005

Would my nice day still exist if I didn't blog about it?

Yeah, probably, but sounds a bit philosphical doesn't it?
So, this nice day. Just looking around town with Rebecca and buying bit of stuff (I got a nice amount of swag; volume 2 of Paradise Kiss, Nights at the Circus by Angela Carter (this is me trying magic realism Paul!), Daemon by Herman Hesse, Batman Begins, Company of Wolves, Nathan Barley, Escape From New York, League of Gentlemans Apocalypse and the new Franz Ferdinand CD - some of this was to share and it means no more DVDs for the month which is why there was so much) I convinced Rebecca to buy this really nice coat which made quite a dent in our savings but she needed one and I like seeing her look nice. Had a nice sandwich is a fancy cafe, drank coffee, checked out a scanner and just generally enjoyed being together for a full day for the first time in a couple of weeks. Tonight we shall have an indian take away from a very nice place we discovered last month and watch some telly and then tomorrow I'm on my own while she goes to work until Monday. Sigh. Still, it gives me a clear day to do some work with out feeling antisocial. I really needed this weekend off as yesterday I felt dangerously close to collapsing from exhaustion after running around like an idiot all day, putting in about three and half hours unpaid over time (and doing the same over the previous few days) and having to deal with frustration after frustration (along with some very heavy lifting) Not a pleasant experience, it's hard to feel like an assitant manager of a bookshop when you have to wear t-shirts all the time because you spend most of the working day drenching sweat.
Weird part of the day has been being stalked by Led Zepplin. They were on telly and they were in a shop, with the same song! Okay if it was Robbie (cunt/cock, take your pick) Williams it wouldn't be that crazy, but Led Zeppelin, what're the odds? Anyway, it was Communication Breakdown and very nice to hear it, twice. Actually on the same show on the telly Jane's Addiction were playing an excellent live version of the excellent 'Jane Says', it had a strange calipso feel to and was....um, excellent. Forgot how much I used to love that song.

6 comments:

Danny said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Danny said...

And the BastardBots are back...

'Nights at the Circus' is amazing, one of my favourites... hope you like it! Sounds like a pretty sweet day...

Katy said...

Being stalked by Led Zeppelin and Jane's Addiction is possibly my musical dream come true.

Danny said...

I'm upset that i won't be able to wear my Kaiser Chiefs/ Donnie Darko / Nigel Tufnel style skellington top to work this halloween... It's highly realistic...I just thought I'd register that...

paulhd said...

Is so realistic that the skeleton is infact green because it's the same as how blood is blue under the skin, etc blah, Spinal Tap geekness, blah....

Danny said...

Ah... it's not that realistic... I do have a guitar with the most amazing sustain though...