Tuesday, March 14, 2006

This is where all my money goes

Not long before publishers First Second start releasing their books and there's not one title on their list that I'm not getting. A lot of publishers have tried to tap into comics over the years but First Second looks like it could join Pantheon in being one of the few to release strong titles and carry on releasing them. Of course any line up that includes Lewis Trondheim, Joann Sfar, Eddie Campbell and Greg Cook was bound to get my cash, but the list is bigger than that with some names that may be new to me now but look like they could become good friends. The same publisher is part of another imprint that publishes children's books and there seems to be an overlap in style if the upcoming Adventures of Polo by Regis Faller's anything to go by... it's on my shopping list too.

2 comments:

Garen said...

I visited First Second's site a little while ago and wanted so many titles they had on offer that I had to leave with nothing, or end up with an empty bank account. I may venture another look soon...

paulhd said...

Some lovely looking books coming out, fortunately the release dates are staggered which will help me and my wallet.