Sunday, April 02, 2006

Slightly less news worthy follow up

Thanks to everyone who passed on their congratulations (on and off the blog)
Bit difficult following up that last post, haven’t felt like moving it further down the screen to talk about the usual nonsense. But life goes on, so nonsense is back on the menu.
Met up with my sister and Phil yesterday, mooched around Manchester, I bought socks and comics, Rebecca bought some bigger clothes. There was food, coffee and cake and it was nice and relaxed, if a little brief due to train times. Can’t say Manchester does it for me, it’s a good city, but a good city is pretty meaningless to me as I just don’t think I’m into cities any more (Edinburgh and York are the only exceptions I can think of - in this country anyway) Huge crowds and way too many shops just get on my nerves after a while.
E4 music has the ‘Call Me’ video from Eric Pro? at the moment. I hate that video, utterly foul. On the other hand they had a song from Jack White’s new band (Racoonteers I think?)not so long ago and that was a cracking tune, I was impressed by some group called ‘Hot Chips’, sounded like Devo mixed with Daft Punk. I am so down with the kids.
Okay, the rain’s let up for a second so I’m off to get the food in.

5 comments:

Danny said...

How far are you away from Manchester? There's a chance I might be up later in the year...

paulhd said...

It's just under an hour way by train. Be cool meeting up, seeing as I screwed the meeting up plans before.

Nimiwey said...

Have you guys met before? Or are we, 8,000 miles away going to be Danny first? *gloats* Silly limeys!

paulhd said...

Sorry Nim, Danny and I have known each other for about 6 or 7 years now, we used to work together way back when we both lived in London and worked in hell.

Nimiwey said...

oh oops. *ungloats*