Saturday, December 02, 2006

One for the ladies

Don't know how true it is the this'll be the first of it's kind, but it is good to hear that DC are launching a new line of graphic novels, called Minx (wonder if they'll be 'minnie'?) aimed specifically at girls. A group of good and interesting creators and some nice ideas means that once again girls comics look better than boys. Don't think this would've been the case in the US as much (mainly romance titles there), but in the UK there was a quite a tradition of good girls comics.... that may be an exaggeration, but there's been enough of them. I've got a whole bunch of Jinty comics with some top stories in them and if it wasn't for the ridiculous price they go for on Ebay I'd be trying to get back issues of Misty (I really should pick up the fan produced Halloween special - esp. as Garen worked on it), a comic I remember borrowing off my cousin way back when.

2 comments:

Danny said...

Ta for the linkage - Ordered the Misty Special. You'd have thought that post-Buffy maybe someone would have looked into doing something along those lines.

Faff said...

Boy o boy! Misty, that brings back memories. I used to read someone elses copies when I was delivering them on my paper round (Holy hell that was nearly thirty years ago. I feel old now must. get. zimmer. frame.)