Wednesday, February 28, 2007

Sigh

It's possible posts might be pretty erratic here for the next few months. A couple of weeks ago my wife, Rebecca, was diagnosed with a form of cancer called lymphoma and will be going in for her first treatment of chemotherapy any day now.
It's been a weird couple weeks, not least because Rebecca has shown no symptoms of cancer at all and so it hasn't felt real, in fact if not for Olivia's birth it wouldn't have been spotted yet, which makes her something a double miracle for us.
Rebecca has been amazing, strong and positive, I only mention her occasionally here (she's internet shy) but I hope my love and respect for her is apparent for all to see, and those of you who know her will probably not be surprised in the slightest at how well she's dealing with something so hard.
I'm not going to turn this into a 'health watch', and it's likely that I'll still post the usual artwork and waffle here as I intend to honour Rebecca's commitment to getting on with things as normal, so please keep dropping by, just don't be surprised if the usual amount of posting or obsessive comment replying dips.

10 comments:

Faff said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Faff said...

Sorry man. removed the original comment cos it just sounded trite.

Tell Bec she's in our thoughts and our prayers.

Be strong.

Random Chance said...

that sucks, at least they caught it early so there is a good chance of beating it.

Andrew Glazebrook said...

I'm sure everything will turn out just fine,my thought are with you and Rebecca and your family.

paulhd said...

Peter - Don't worry about the first post, it was taken in the spirit it was intended.
Thanks for the comments guys, and to all those who sent emails, much appreciated.

thekelvingreen said...

Yeah, all the best to you and Rebecca.

paul said...

!!!

all the best to your good self and special lady mr HD, i hope all goes well with the chemo.

Nimiwey said...

wow, long time.

your baby girl is just gorgeous. she looks like her daddy :D

ive always heard a profound sense of respect and you commitment that you have with your wife. do keep us informed.

in other news, i deleted my blog and brainmarket and i are separated...

paulhd said...

Thanks everyone.
Nimiwey - Sorry to hear about you and Brain, hope you and your little ones are okay. Thanks for your kind words.

Katy said...

Everything I can think to write just sounds trite so I shall simply say that I love you guys and am sending lots of positive vibes Bec's way.

xx