Tuesday, August 21, 2007

Living off the past

A week later and things are still a bit rubbish, but Rebecca's slowly starting to feel a little better and is managing a few hours sleep. We had bad news during the week the Rebecca wouldn't be getting her full sick pay, nor would she be getting statutory sick pay which was a bit of a surprise and left us feeling a bit run down, luckily we've managed to sort something out that should get us through the next couple of months.
Meanwhile I'm revisiting old work in an effort to get my, ahem, 'creative juices flowing.
I'll post a short story soon. I wrote it years and years ago but lost it from my hard drive when my last computer died. I'm not sure that it's any good but I've got a soft spot for it so I decided to type up the hard copy pruning it a little in the process. I've not really changed anything, just added a touch of rouge to a moldy old corpse. Anyway, that'll go up as soon as I find out how to do the whole 'click here to read more' thing, or give up and just put up one big post.
Artwise I've dug out a story I did a few years ago for Solar Wind called 'Punk Princess'. Again, I'm not sure if my artwork's much good but it was a great script so I thought I'd try and improve it a little, especially as the printed version was badly pixelated.
I had hoped to post a Wickerman picture, sadly it didn't turn out too well so that'll have to wait, I do have another idea I'll draw up soon.

4 comments:

Faff said...

Like the riff of the old Jethro Tull albumtitle, probably entirely unintentional. Is Becs still working in care? It would explain them screwing you over with the sick pay. Hope whatever you've sorted out doesn't cause you more problemsin the long run.

Best to Becs.

paulhd said...

Nope, that was intentional. Gotta hand it to the Tull.
Yeah Bec's still working in care, which true to form means the people she works for are less than caring.
No long term problems thankfully, fingers x-ed everything will work out fine.

Faff said...

You know, in the ten years or more I've known you I've never pegged you as a Tull man. Been listening to Tull on Napster recently and really impressed with how well some of it held up. Aqualung and Heavy Horses are still excellent and young Anderson standing on one leg playing his flute has got to be one of the iconic rock images of the 70's.

paulhd said...

A man of many tastes, that's me!
Saw Jethro Tull in concert in '87 when I was a mere 15 year old. One leg standing and big balloon fun was a definite highlight.