Friday, September 19, 2008

Western

So, after the Eastwood pic, I moved onto the Western comic, and yesterday decided to start again. Bit of a pain, but hopefully for the best, I'm happy enough with the results, but it's a bit too far removed from my normal style and I'm wishing I'd stuck closer to my usual 'look'. It's fun drawing in different ways, but it's important to stick with what you like. Anyway, it's unfinished (there's an element missing from all 3 panels, even if it's not noticable), but I thought I might as well show some of my first crack at it. I''ve done it in colour despite it being for a b&w book (AccentUK's Western, go see Dribb's blog for some ace upcoming work from it), more work for me but nice to have a swanky version.

5 comments:

Garen said...

I like it very much :-)

Gary Crutchley said...

it's a pity there ain't no colour section in AccentUK's Western book, Paul, cause it sure do look mighty purty in colour.

Andrew Glazebrook said...

I'd buy that for a Dollar !! Super work !!

shane oakley said...

doing colour for a b&w book - you are mad, paul!. but i've done just as mad...
lovely page, btw, that dead guys face and hand is so wonderfully horrid.

paulhd said...

Garen - Aw, shucks.
Dribbs - Ta. Probably a bit of a stretch budget wise, not to worry, it'll get the full colour online treatment.
Andrew - damn digital art, I'd probably have sold it for a dollar!
Shane - Cheers, horrid is good.